I suppose it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise – I’ve spoken at numerous industry events during my career, and am a mentor through the LGcomms Future Leaders programme. So I guess wanting to support the sector and help others progress means that running training sessions is a natural next step. I really love it too!
Most of my sessions start off as bespoke commissions – lovely people in my network commissioning me for my expertise with energy and asking me to create something inspirational, practical and relevant for their teams. I now have a suite of sessions for communications teams, and am building more all the time. If you have a specific need, get in touch! It may already exist in something I’ve developed for another client, or be something that I can create for you and your teams, exactly to your brief.
Campaign planning and creativity for campaigns
These are my two most popular sessions. They stand alone, but are best undertaken around 4-8 weeks apart.
What makes these sessions different?
- You get theoretical skills development AND usable outputs. Your teams are building their knowledge and confidence, and will gain access to my practical processes and templates to develop their campaigns and assess the viability of creative ideas. PLUS they’ll leave the days with campaigns and creative concepts that you can use!
- They save you money! Instead of outsourcing the whole campaign development and creative process to an agency (why should they have all the fun?!), you are building your campaigns in-house. This is much more cost-effective – especially if you have a project or grant budget you can charge the training costs back to.
- You shape the focus – there is a strong element of tailoring, where we work through real campaigns that you need to develop.
- You have ownership (and FUN!). The overall concept and campaign development is down to you. Awesome! You may still need to buy in some additional skills to produce your creative assets or for digital targeting during implementation, for example, but they’ll be working to your brilliant idea.
- They double up as team-building! Because I come to you, the team building element is fabulous, especially as we’re all working from home so much now. You’ll work together in groups to create something that your organisation actually needs.
- They help to showcase your value the wider organisation. If you opt for both the Campaign Planning and Creativity in Campaigns session, you’ll get homework! Homework that involves getting sign-off of your objectives and delving into audience insight, for example. This invariably requires input beyond the comms team, so helps to show others in your organisation just how great you really are.
What people say about these sessions:
“Georgia delivered two day-long training courses for the comms team at Bristol University with a real focus on strategic campaign planning and unlocking creativity. Georgia was very quickly able to understand the challenges I shared and helped developed a concept and approach. Her energy, passion and expertise helped bring the team together. Combining strategic approach with practical solutions and takeaways that the team were immediately able to put into practice.
“Since the training the team have a new energy and focus and practical understanding of how to apply the models and frameworks to their work, helping them become more planned and focused.”
Rebecca Williams, Deputy Director for Communications, Bristol University
“We booked Georgia’s expertise for an in-house creativity session for my campaigns team. She provided a course that gave great insight, knowledge and skills around building creative campaigns. The team found it so valuable and were engaged and enthusiastic from start to finish.
“The ideas they workshopped with Georgia have been built into an upcoming campaign, demonstrating the value of her training. Would work with Georgia again and again!”
Charlotte Goulding, Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager, Waltham Forest Council
Want to know more?
See my blogs on Campaign Strategy and Planning and Creativity for Campaigns for more on each session, or drop me a line at GeorgiaTurnerCommunications@gmail.com for more info.